Baptists believe the Bible is the inspired word of God given to humankind for guidance and instruction on how to live life to its fullest.
Baptists do not have a hierarchy of positions within their churches or their denomination. We believe all members are equal, all are able to hear the voice of God, and all have a contribution to make to the running of the church. We relate to one another and support one another, but each separate congregation makes decisions on how their church will function.
Baptists believe baptism is for believers; a sign of an individual’s faith in Christ and their commitment to following Him. We believe that the preferred means of baptism is full immersion.
Liberty of conscience
Baptists believe in the freedom of religion and the separation of church and state.
Statement of faith
- The true humanity and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The atonement made on the cross by our Lord for the sin of the world.
- The person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sets apart, empowers, and imparts spiritual gifts to the Church.
- The inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Salvation and membership in the Church by faith in Christ alone.
- Membership of the church for the regenerate.
- The immersion of believers as the Scriptural form of water baptism.